DD Coordinator Report
- Sandra Butts not present- no report.
- Tom Nowak announced that the MADDSA website is able to
post advertisements for agencies for a charge of $30.00 set up fee.
Treasure's Report - Tom Nowak
- $2634.79 in account also has five checks to deposit.
Milwaukee Training Initiative -
Caring for People with Diabetes 3/1 at MCFI
HFS83 Fire Safety 3/20 at MCFI
Executive Breakfast 4/18/07 at 7:30-10:30am at MCFI
SE WI Training Group -
3/07 Ozaukee/Washington County - Promoting Healthy Lifestyle
4/07 Unknown location - Autism/Aspergers Syndrome
Transition Committee- Hope Lloyd
- Committee trying to get letterhead because they are
looking to apply for possible grants.
- Could use more County Adult Services Representatives.
- MCTAB meets on the 2nd Tuesday of the month
at 1pm at UCP. If interested contact Hope Lloyd at 329-4500.
Transit Committee - Cheri Bruch (not present)
- Last two meetings cancelled. AJ from Community Options
will call Cheri Bruch to follow up.
Health Disparities -Martha DeGraw (not present)
- Next meeting 3/5 at 1:30pm at the Waukesha State Office
- New website can be accessed through the Southern Wisconsin Center website, http://dhfs.wisconsin.gov/dd_swc/
- Health Log has not yet been approved.
- Still looking for stories of positive or negative
interactions with health care providers to post on the website to assist
PCW Report - Lois Degner
- Next meeting 2/13 at 9am ARC.
Other business -
- Communication - Sandra sent out letters sent out
informing that we will be moving to email communication of agenda rather
then land mailing.
- Mark Stein, Geri Lyday, Rob Henken will be visiting
- RSA will be having its regional meeting 3/07- posted on
its website, www.rsawisconsin.org
Speaker - Robin Buchmeier-Marrero - ARC Milwaukee
Robin came to discuss the connection between People Can't
Wait and MADDSA. She also discussed the importance of creating a Stake Holder
Planning Committee that consisted of PCW and MADDSA members/agencies to assist
in effectively addressing issues of concern that affect the people we serve.
All agreed that it was a decision that is beneficial to the
committees/consumers. A sign up sheet was passed around asking for names of
people that would like to serve on the Stake Holder Planning Committee.
There was also a lengthy discussion of how the upcoming
Long Term Care Reform may affect different agencies from small to large. The
group also discussed the strong impact the Stake Holder Planning Committee
could possibly have on people with disabilities in Milwaukee County.
Prepared by Connie Miller